A constant eye watching over your kids
With these home security technologies, you can check in on your kids via security cameras whether they’re at the office, commuting to work, or out at night
Keeping tabs on teens
Your teenager staying out late with their friends? Find out exactly when they got home, what they were doing, and who they brought home with a smart home security system.
Answering the door when you’re not home
One of the primary fears that parents have is that their small children will let someone into the house when they're not home. With a smart alarm system, you can "answer" the door remotely, so the kids are never involved.
Advanced home alarm systems come with complete connectivity today. You can sync your smart devices to your alarm system, so you can control them remotely. This is helpful if you want to turn on a light because your child is scared, control the thermostat from afar, or turn on an Alexa bedtime story when you’re working late.
Additionally, you can opt for an alarm system that comes with professional monitoring. These centers will monitor your home for any safety issues 24/7, and alert the authorities immediately if there is ever an alarm triggered.
Finally, most alarm systems today come with various environmental sensors that alarm you if there’s something wrong. Things like flood, freeze, fire, and carbon monoxide sensors are invaluable tools for keeping your family safe.
Check out these top names in the home security industry that will keep your family safe:
- Sterling reputation
- Immediate call answering
- Tons of smart solutions
- Great mobile app with emergency response system and panic button
With an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, positive feedback and ratings from customers, and several awards under its belt, it’s obvious how ADT earned its solid reputation. For over 140 years, ADT has been protecting families and homes around America with unwavering commitment to safety and customer satisfaction.
Today, ADT brings complex technology to a century-long tradition of quality. And with the easy to use mobile app, this alarm system lets you have your finger on the pulse of your home 24/7 and from anywhere in the world.
- Flexible monthly contracts
- Full smart home compatibility
- Advanced, high-quality tech and hardware
- Good selection of cameras
Vivint is known for being top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art technology, and that’s something most parents can appreciate in a home security system. These home alarms offer all the security you could ask for, including full 24/7 monitoring and professional installation. Vivint alarms are compatible with a huge range of smart devices, including Nest, Amazon Echo, Google Home, and more. Add to that a variety of superior quality cameras and a sleek mobile app, and Vivint is a natural choice for choosy parents.
- Fire and water detection
- Works with Alexa and Apple Watch
- NO contract
- Professional 24/7 monitoring
- Out-of-the-box solution
A smart DIY system loaded with customization options, SimpliSafe's home security system combines smart sensors, WiFi, and human monitoring to cover all the bases. You can purchase fully configured packages that include pre-programmed sensors and devices that work right away.
Top Features for the Best Family-Friendly Alarm Systems
Your family is by far your most important asset, so make sure they're always safe and protected by purchasing the best home alarm system. When shopping around, look out for these important family-friendly features:
- Good cameras are a must. The quality and type of cameras make a big difference. Look for an alarm system with both high-definition picture quality and a wide range of view. This way, you can always see what's going on in and around your home.
- Connectivity, so you can control things from anywhere and at anytime
- Security equipment that lets you cover all your bases; sensors can also block off certain areas or rooms that are off-limits to children
- Environmental monitoring to keep kids safe from dangers like fire and carbon monoxide
- Motion sensors to catch teens in the act or trigger alarms when kids try to enter areas that are off-limits
- Two-way communication ensures that you can talk to the kids when you’re not home.
Choose the best home security alarm system for you, and keep your family safe no matter where you are or what you’re doing.